Tuna Noodle Casserole is a comfort food classic that has been a favorite of American families for generations. It is easy to make and requires only a few ingredients that are readily available in your pantry. Here’s how to make it:
– 8 oz. egg noodles
– 2 cans of tuna (in water)
– 2 cups of frozen peas
– 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
– 1 cup of milk
– 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
– 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cook the egg noodles according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
3. Drain the canned tuna and flake it with a fork.
4. In a large bowl, combine the cooked noodles, tuna, frozen peas, cream of mushroom soup, milk, and shredded cheddar cheese. Mix until everything is well blended.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Transfer the mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
7. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over the top of the casserole.
8. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top of the casserole is golden brown and bubbling.
– You can substitute any type of pasta for the egg noodles if you prefer.
– You can use fresh or canned peas if frozen peas are not available.
– You can substitute cream of chicken soup for the cream of mushroom soup if you prefer.
– You can add other ingredients to the casserole, such as chopped onions or garlic, for additional flavor.
In summary, to make a delicious Tuna Noodle Casserole:
1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
2. Combine tuna, noodles, peas, soup, milk, and cheese in a bowl.
3. Transfer mixture to baking dish.
4. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over the top.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes.