Beef Stew Recipe in a Crock Pot: Easy, Hearty, Tender (Delicious)
As the temperature cools down and autumn breezes start to pick up, it’s time to break out the slow-cooker and get ready to enjoy some hearty and delicious meals. One classic recipe that always satisfies is beef stew. With its savory broth, tender chunks of beef, and hearty vegetables, this dish is a crowd pleaser that’s perfect for any chilly day.
– 2 lbs beef stew meat, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1 onion, diced
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
– 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
– 2 stalks celery, diced
– 2 cups beef broth
– 1 cup red wine
– 1 tbsp tomato paste
– 1 tsp dried thyme
– 1 tsp dried rosemary
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 2 tbsp flour
1. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until browned on all sides. Remove from heat and transfer to a crock pot.
2. In the same skillet, add the onion and garlic and saute until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the carrots, potatoes, and celery and saute for another 2 minutes.
3. Add the vegetables to the crock pot with the beef.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the beef broth, red wine, tomato paste, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Pour the mixture over the meat and vegetables in the crock pot.
5. Stir everything together until well-combined.
6. Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
7. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour with a little bit of water to make a slurry. When the stew is almost finished cooking, stir in the slurry to thicken the broth. Cook for another 10 minutes until the broth is thick and bubbly.
8. Serve the stew hot with warm bread or your favorite side.
– Cut beef into bite-sized pieces and brown in a skillet.
– Saute diced onions and garlic, then add sliced carrots, diced potatoes, and diced celery.
– Transfer vegetables to crock pot with beef.
– Whisk together beef broth, red wine, tomato paste, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper and pour over beef and vegetables.
– Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
– Thicken broth with flour slurry and cook for another 10 minutes.
– Serve hot with your favorite side.