Tuna casserole is a classic comfort food that is not only easy to whip up but also tasty and nutritious. Here is a simple recipe to help you prepare a delicious tuna casserole at home:
– 8 oz. egg noodles
– 1 can (10.75 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup
– 1 cup milk
– 1 can (6 oz.) tuna, drained
– 1/2 cup frozen peas
– 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
– 2 tbsp. butter
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Cook the egg noodles according to the package directions, but do not overcook. Drain the noodles and set them aside.
3. In a large saucepan, combine the condensed cream of mushroom soup and milk. Stir the mixture over medium heat until it is smooth and heated through.
4. Add the tuna and frozen peas to the saucepan, and stir the mixture until the ingredients are evenly combined.
5. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste. Depending on the salt content of your ingredients, you may need to add a pinch more.
6. Add the cooked egg noodles to the saucepan, and stir the mixture until the noodles are well coated.
7. Transfer the noodle mixture to a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
8. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the breadcrumbs to the saucepan and cook, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are toasted.
9. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the noodle mixture.
10. Sprinkle the toasted breadcrumbs over the cheese.
11. Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the casserole is heated through.
12. Let the casserole rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Enjoy your delicious tuna casserole!
– Cook egg noodles and set aside
– Combine and heat cream of mushroom soup and milk in a saucepan
– Add drained tuna and frozen peas to the saucepan, season with salt and pepper
– Add cooked egg noodles, transfer to a greased 9×13 inch baking dish
– Melt butter, add breadcrumbs and cook until toasted
– Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over noodle mixture and top with toasted breadcrumbs
– Bake at 375°F for 25-30 minutes
– Rest for 5 minutes before serving