How to Make the Fluffiest Pikelets: Magic Sparks Kapiti
Are you tired of pikelets that turn out dense and heavy? Look no further than this recipe from Magic Sparks Kapiti for the fluffiest pikelets you’ll ever taste! With just a few simple ingredients and tricks, you too can make heavenly fluffy pikelets that the whole family will love.
– 1 cup self-raising flour
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 2 tbsp caster sugar
– 1 egg
– 3/4 cup milk
– 1 tsp vanilla essence
– Butter for greasing the pan
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and caster sugar. Mix well.
2. In another bowl, whisk the egg until frothy. Add the milk and vanilla essence, and mix well.
3. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, whisking until smooth.
4. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add a small amount of butter and let it melt.
5. Spoon the mixture onto the pan to make small rounds, about the size of a silver dollar.
6. Cook until the surface of the pikelets is covered in tiny bubbles, then flip and cook the other side until golden brown.
7. Remove the pikelets from the pan and transfer to a plate. Serve while warm with your favourite toppings such as jam, cream, or maple syrup.
Now that you have the basic recipe for fluffy pikelets, here are some tips to take them to the next level:
– Make sure your ingredients are at room temperature before starting to mix. This will help to ensure the pikelets cook evenly.
– Don’t overmix the batter. Mix just until the ingredients are combined, as overmixing can result in dense pikelets.
– Use a non-stick pan and grease it lightly with butter. This will help prevent the pikelets from sticking and make them easy to flip.
– Cook the pikelets over medium heat. High heat can cause them to burn quickly on the outside while remaining uncooked on the inside.
– Serve the pikelets while they are still warm. They are best enjoyed fresh off the pan.
In conclusion, making fluffy pikelets is easier than you thought. Using the above recipe and tips, you can make the perfect pikelets every time. Serve them up for a weekend breakfast or a mid-afternoon treat, and watch as everyone falls in love with the soft, fluffy texture and delicious taste.
– Use self-raising flour, baking powder, caster sugar, egg, milk, and vanilla essence.
– Don’t overmix the batter.
– Use a non-stick pan and grease it lightly with butter.
– Cook the pikelets over medium heat.
– Serve the pikelets while they are still warm.