Donut King Disney Cars Donut Cake Recipe
– 2 boxes of cake mix (vanilla or yellow)
– 1 can of vanilla frosting
– 24 glazed donuts
– Red, yellow, and black food coloring
– Black licorice wheels
– Red licorice rope
– 1 toy car
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare the cake mix according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
2. Divide the cake mix into two 9-inch cake pans and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
3. Once the cakes have cooled, level them using a serrated knife to make sure they sit flat on top of the donuts.
4. Use the can of vanilla frosting to stick the two cakes together and create a layer of frosting on top.
5. Using the red, yellow, and black food coloring, dye the vanilla frosting to create the colors of Lightning McQueen, the Disney Cars character.
6. Cover the remaining frosting with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.
7. Spread the colored frosting onto the top of the cake, smoothing it out evenly.
8. Place the 24 glazed donuts around the edge of the cake, pressing them gently into the frosting.
9. Use black licorice wheels to create the wheels of the car, placing them onto the donuts at the base of the cake.
10. Cut the red licorice rope into small pieces and use them to outline the wheels, creating a more realistic look.
11. Finally, place the toy car on top of the cake, pressing it into the frosting.
12. Serve and enjoy your Donut King Disney Cars Donut Cake!
– Preheat the oven and prepare and bake the cake mix according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
– Level the cakes once cooled and stick them together using the vanilla frosting.
– Dye the vanilla frosting red, yellow, and black to create the colors of Lightning McQueen.
– Spread the colored frosting onto the top of the cake and place the glazed donuts around the edge.
– Use black licorice wheels and red licorice rope to create the wheels and outline them.
– Place a toy car on top of the cake to finish off the look.