Tuna Casserole – Better than the Average Recipe
Are you tired of the same old tuna casserole recipe? Try this one out, and you won’t be disappointed. This recipe adds a twist to the classic recipe that will please everyone at the dinner table.
– 12 oz egg noodles
– 2 cans tuna, drained
– 1/2 cup chopped celery
– 1/2 cup chopped onion
– 1/2 cup frozen peas
– 1/2 cup mayonnaise
– 1/2 cup sour cream
– 1/4 cup milk
– 1 can cream of mushroom soup
– 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Crushed potato chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cook the egg noodles according to package instructions.
3. In a skillet over medium heat, sauté onion and celery until tender.
4. In a large bowl, mix together the tuna, celery, onion, canned peas, mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, and cream of mushroom soup.
5. Add in the cooked egg noodles and mix until everything is fully coated.
6. Pour the mixture into a 9×13 inch casserole dish and sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
7. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
8. Remove foil, add crushed potato chips on top, and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
– This tuna casserole recipe is a twist on the classic dish that adds depth of flavor and texture to the dish
– The recipe combines canned tuna, sautéed onions and celery, frozen peas, mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, and cream of mushroom soup together with the cooked egg noodles
– The mixture is then baked in a casserole dish with a layer of shredded cheddar cheese on top
– For an extra crunch, crushed potato chips can also be added on top
– This recipe is easy and budget-friendly, making it perfect for a family dinner or potluck event.