The Instant Pot has become an indispensable kitchen device for many, and there is no better time to utilize it than when making comforting stews. An instant pot beef stew that is fully loaded with vegetables and tender chunks of beef is a perfect dish to make for dinner. This stew recipe is easy to make, and it is perfect for a cold, cozy evening meal.
– 2 pounds of beef stew meat
– 1 can of beef broth
– 1 tbsp. of oil
– 2 tbsp. of tomato paste
– 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce
– 1 tsp. of garlic powder
– 1 tsp. of onion powder
– 1 tsp. of dried thyme
– 1 tsp. of salt
– 1/2 tsp. of black pepper
– 4 carrots, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
– 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 celery ribs, diced
– 1 cup of frozen peas
1. Begin by selecting the saute function on the Instant Pot and add oil.
2. Add the beef stew meat to the pot and let it cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring often until all sides are browned.
3. When the beef is browned, pour in the beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, onion powder, and dried thyme. Mix together.
4. Add the carrots, potatoes, onion, and celery into the pot. Stir to combine.
5. Close the lid and make sure the pressure valve is sealed.
6. Set the Instant Pot to high pressure and cook for 20 minutes.
7. Once the cooking time is complete, allow the pressure cooker to release the pressure naturally for around 10 minutes.
8. Next, use a towel or oven mitts to turn the valve to release any remaining pressure. Then, remove the lid.
9. Mix in frozen peas and serve hot.
This recipe also works well in a slow cooker, just add all the ingredients (minus the peas) to your slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
In conclusion, this Instant Pot beef stew is the perfect meal to make on a cozy night in. By following the steps in this recipe, you’ll have a delicious and hearty stew recipe that utilizes the magic of the Instant Pot. Here’s a summary of the recipe in bullets:
– Brown beef in Instant Pot
– Add beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and spices
– Add chopped veggies and mix well
– Set Instant Pot to high pressure and cook for 20 minutes
– Naturally release pressure for 10 minutes then release remaining pressure manually
– Mix in thawed peas and serve hot
– Can also be made in a slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.