Traditional Irish Beef Stew with Guinness aus dem Dutch Oven
Beef stew is a timeless classic that never gets old. This rich, comforting stew is a popular dish all over the world but originated in Ireland, where its popularity has only grown over the centuries. The key to achieving an authentic Irish beef stew that’s full of flavor is to slow-cook the beef in dark, malty Guinness beer – this adds extra layers of flavor and a depth of richness to the stew that’s simply irresistible.
So, why not try this Original Irish Beef Stew mit Guinness aus dem Dutch Oven today and enjoy the ultimate comfort food in the heart of your home.
-2 lbs of beef chuck or stewing beef
-½ teaspoon of salt
-¼ teaspoon of black pepper
-1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
-4 tablespoons of olive oil
-2 garlic cloves, minced
-2 onions, chopped
-4 carrots, peeled and chopped
-2 celery sticks, chopped
-2 cups of beef broth
-1 cup of Guinness beer (or any other dark ale)
-2 bay leaves
-1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
1. Start by chopping the onions, carrots, and celery sticks into bite-sized pieces.
2. Preheat your Dutch Oven over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
3. Season the beef with salt and black pepper and coat them entirely in flour: This will sear the beef and help form a thick gravy for the stew.
4. Brown the beef in batches, so it’s not overcrowded in the Dutch Oven. Cook until its well sealed all around.
5. Once the beef is brown, add the onions and cook until slightly browned, stirring occasionally.
6. Add the garlic, carrots, and celery to the Onion mixture and continue stirring until the vegetables are slightly browned.
7. Next, pour the Guinness beer over the mixture and let it simmer for a few minutes.
8. Add the beef broth, bay leaves, and Worcestershire sauce to the Dutch Oven, and stir until everything is well combined.
9. Bring the stew to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and let it cook for about two hours, stirring occasionally to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom.
10. Check the stew’s seasoning and add salt and black pepper if necessary.
11. Finally, dish up individual servings and enjoy the delicious flavors of Irish beef stew at home.
– Preparation Time: 25 minutes
– Cooking Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
– Servings: 6
– Main Ingredient: Beef Chuck/Stewing Beef, Guinness Beer
– Cuisine: Irish
– Level of Difficulty: Easy
– Best Cookware to Use: Dutch Oven
– Key Factors to Success: Slow-cook the beef in Guinness and ensure it’s properly seasoned.
Original Irish Beef Stew mit Guinness aus dem Dutch Oven is a timeless classic savory dish that is perfect for dinner, and it can be served with crusty bread or mashed potatoes for a satisfying meal. So, why not give this recipe a try today and impress your loved ones with a hearty and delicious stew that’s packed with flavor!