Baked Pumpkin Donuts Recipe: A Sweet and Festive Treat
Fall is the perfect time to enjoy pumpkin-flavored treats, and these baked pumpkin donuts from King Arthur Flour are no exception. This recipe is perfect for those who want to satisfy their sweet tooth without indulging in a calorie-dense dessert. Additionally, these donuts are easy to make and perfect for sharing.
Let’s dive into the ingredients and steps:
– 1 cup of pumpkin puree
– 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
– 3 large eggs
– 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
– 2 tsp of baking powder
– 1 tsp of salt
– 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
– 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and lightly grease two donut pans.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, eggs, and sugar until smooth.
3. Add the baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and all-purpose flour into the mixing bowl, and mix until the ingredients are fully combined.
4. Fill each donut well with the batter until each well is 3/4 full.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes until the donuts turn light golden-brown and a toothpick or cake tester inserted comes out clean.
6. Remove the donuts from the oven and place them onto a wire rack to cool for 5-10 minutes.
7. To add some extra sweetness, dip the top of each donut into a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
Now that the baked pumpkin donuts are ready, here are some key points to keep in mind:
– This recipe yields about 24 standard-sized donuts, which are easy to share with family and friends.
– Make sure to use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling, as the latter contains other ingredients such as sugar, making the donuts too sweet.
– If you don’t have a donut pan, you can use a muffin pan instead. In this case, adjust the baking time accordingly and keep a close eye on the donuts to prevent over-baking.
– These donuts can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2-3 days.
Enjoy these scrumptious and easy-to-make baked pumpkin donuts as a sweet addition to your fall desserts repertoire.