Tuna casserole is a classic dish that is well-loved by many. It’s a tasty and easy-to-prepare dish that can be enjoyed any time of the week. This recipe is perfect for those who are looking for a filling and comforting meal that’s also budget-friendly. Here’s how to make a classic tuna casserole everyone will love:
– 1 12-ounce package of egg noodles
– 2 cans of tuna, drained
– 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
– 1 cup of milk
– 1 cup of frozen peas
– 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
– 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
– 2 tablespoons of butter
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Cook the egg noodles according to the package instructions. Drain the water and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add the drained tuna, cream of mushroom soup, milk, and frozen peas. Mix well.
4. Add the cooked egg noodles to the mixture and mix until everything is well combined.
5. Add shredded cheddar cheese to the mixture and stir well.
6. Transfer the mixture to a 9×13 baking dish.
7. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the breadcrumbs and stir until they are coated in butter.
8. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top of the casserole evenly.
9. Bake the tuna casserole for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and golden brown on top.
10. Remove the casserole from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
– Cook egg noodles and set aside.
– Mix together drained tuna, cream of mushroom soup, milk, and frozen peas.
– Add cooked egg noodles and shredded cheddar cheese to the mixture.
– Transfer the mixture to a 9×13 baking dish.
– Sprinkle buttered breadcrumbs over the top of the casserole.
– Bake at 375°F for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and golden brown on top.
– Let cool before serving.