Quinoa Tuna Casserole: A Healthy and Nutritious Meal
Looking for a healthy and delicious meal that’s easy to prepare and can serve the whole family? Try this tasty Quinoa Tuna Casserole recipe. It’s a dish that’s packed with high-quality protein, fiber, and vitamins, making it a nutritious option for any meal of the day.
– 2 cups cooked quinoa
– 2 cans of tuna
– 1 cup chopped vegetables (carrots, bell peppers, onions, etc.)
– 2 cloves of minced garlic
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
– 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1/2 cup low-fat milk (or dairy-free milk)
– 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked quinoa, drained tuna, and chopped vegetables. Mix well.
3. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes until lightly browned.
4. Add the quinoa-tuna-vegetable mixture into the skillet with garlic. Mix and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. In a separate bowl, mix breadcrumbs and grated parmesan cheese.
7. Add half of the breadcrumb mixture to the quinoa-tuna skillet and mix.
8. Transfer the mixture into an oven-safe casserole dish. Spread it evenly.
9. Pour low-fat milk and low-sodium chicken broth over the mixture in the casserole dish.
10. Sprinkle the rest of the breadcrumb mixture on top of the casserole.
11. Bake the casserole for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and crispy on top.
12. Let it cool at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
– This Quinoa Tuna Casserole recipe is a great healthy and nutritious meal option.
– It’s high in protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
– It’s easy to prepare with few ingredients.
– It’s a great option for meal prep or for serving the whole family.
– Follow the recipe instruction to preheat the oven to 350°F, mix cooked quinoa, drained tuna, and chopped vegetables. Heat olive oil, add garlic and sauté. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix breadcrumbs and grated parmesan cheese. Add half the breadcrumb mixture to the quinoa-tuna skillet. Transfer the mixture to an oven-safe casserole dish, pour low-fat milk and low-sodium chicken broth over the mixture. Sprinkle the rest of the breadcrumb mixture on top of the casserole. Bake the casserole for 25-30 minutes at 350°F until golden brown and crispy on top. Let the casserole cool a bit before serving.