Beef stew is one of those classic, comforting dishes that everyone loves. It’s hearty, flavorful, and just the thing to warm you up on a chilly day. This recipe for beef stew is easy to make and full of rich, delicious flavors that are sure to satisfy. So, let’s get started!
– 2 lbs. beef stew meat
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 onion, chopped
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– 4 cups beef stock
– 2 cups red wine
– 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
– 3 stalks celery, sliced
– 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
– 2 bay leaves
– 1 tablespoon dried thyme
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Begin by heating the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
2. Add the beef stew meat and cook until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Remove the beef from the pot and set it aside on a plate.
4. In the same pot, add the onion and garlic and sauté until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
5. Pour in the beef stock and red wine, scraping the bottom of the pot to release any browned bits from the beef.
6. Add the carrots, celery, potatoes, bay leaves, thyme, salt, and pepper, and bring the mixture to a boil.
7. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 2-3 hours, or until the beef is tender and the vegetables are soft.
8. Remove the bay leaves, and discard them.
9. Taste the stew and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
10. Serve the beef stew in bowls and enjoy!
– Beef stew is a classic, comforting dish that is easy to make and full of rich, delicious flavors.
– To make this beef stew, you’ll need beef stew meat, olive oil, onion, garlic, beef stock, red wine, carrots, celery, potatoes, bay leaves, thyme, salt, and pepper.
– Brown the beef, sauté the onion and garlic, add the liquid and vegetables, and simmer for 2-3 hours until the beef is tender.
– Remove the bay leaves, adjust the seasoning, and serve in bowls.