The Tuna Casserole Everyone Should Know How To Make
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
• 1 lb egg noodles
• 2 cans of tuna (10-12 oz each)
• 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
• 1/2 cup of milk
• 1/2 cup of sour cream
• 1/2 chopped onion
• 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
• 2 cups of frozen peas
• 1 cup of bread crumbs
• 1/4 cup of butter
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
2. Cook your egg noodles in boiling, salted water until they are just undercooked according to the package instructions, typically 5-7 minutes.
3. In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the cans of cream of mushroom soup, milk, and sour cream.
4. Add your chopped onion, minced garlic, frozen peas, salt, and pepper to the soup mixture.
5. Drain your cooked egg noodles and add them to the mixing bowl with the soup mixture. Stir to combine with the tuna.
6. Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 9×13 inch casserole dish, spreading it evenly across the dish.
7. In another small mixing bowl, melt the butter in the microwave or on the stovetop. Add the cup of bread crumbs and stir to combine.
8. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture evenly across the top of the casserole.
9. Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and crispy.
10. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a bit before serving.
• Preheat oven to 375° F.
• Cook egg noodles until just undercooked.
• Whisk together soup, milk, and sour cream.
• Add onion, garlic, peas, salt, and pepper to the soup mixture.
• Add the cooked egg noodles and tuna to the soup mixture.
• Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish.
• Melt butter and mix with bread crumbs.
• Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over top of casserole.
• Bake casserole in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
• Allow to cool before serving.