Old Fashioned Tuna Noodle Casserole is an all-time favorite comfort food that is easy to make and always hits the spot. With a creamy sauce and crunchy topping, it’s the perfect meal for any occasion. In this article, we’ll walk you through how to make this classic dish step-by-step.
– 16 oz. egg noodles
– 2 cans of tuna
– 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
– 1 cup of milk
– 1/2 cup of sour cream
– 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
– 1/2 cup of crushed potato chips
– 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
– 2 tbsp. of butter
– 1 tsp. of garlic powder
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. Cook the egg noodles according to the package instructions until they are al dente. Drain and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup, milk, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly until they are well-combined.
4. Stir in the tuna and the cooked noodles.
5. Transfer the mixture to a greased baking dish.
6. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the crushed potato chips, bread crumbs, and melted butter. Mix well.
7. Sprinkle the potato chip mixture on top of the noodle mixture in the baking dish.
8. Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until the top is golden brown and the casserole is heated through.
9. Let the casserole cool for a few minutes before serving.
– Cook egg noodles until al dente, then set aside.
– Combine cream of mushroom soup, milk, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl.
– Stir in tuna and cooked noodles.
– Transfer mixture to a greased baking dish.
– Mix crushed potato chips, bread crumbs, and melted butter in another bowl.
– Sprinkle potato chip mixture over the noodle mixture in the baking dish.
– Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and heated through.
– Let cool for a few minutes before serving.