Meatloaf is always a favourite comfort food for many, and it’s even better when packed with extra nutrition and flavour. And that’s where Quaker oats can come in handy. This recipe for Meatloaf with Oats | Quaker combines lean ground beef, veggies, and Quaker old fashioned oats to create a satisfying dish that’s healthy and delicious.
What You’ll Need:
– 1 pound lean ground beef
– 1 cup Quaker old fashioned oats
– 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
– 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
– 1 beaten egg
– 1/2 cup ketchup
– 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, Quaker oats, onion, red bell pepper, and egg. Mix well with a wooden spoon or your hands until fully combined.
3. Add ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper to the meat mixture, and continue to mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
4. Press the mixture into a 9×5-inch loaf pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
5. Once the meatloaf is cooked, allow it to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Benefits of Using Oats in Meatloaf:
– Quaker old fashioned oats are a great source of dietary fibre, which helps keep you feeling full and satisfied.
– Oats are also a good source of protein and iron, which are essential for maintaining a healthy diet.
– Using oats in meatloaf can help bind the ingredients together without having to use breadcrumbs, which can sometimes be high in carbs and calories.
– Oats are a cost-effective way to bulk up a meatloaf recipe without sacrificing flavour or nutrition.
In conclusion, this recipe for Meatloaf with Oats | Quaker is a satisfying and healthy twist on a classic comfort food dish. With the addition of oats, you’ll enjoy the benefits of added fibre, protein, and iron, without sacrificing taste. Give it a try and see for yourself how Quaker oats can take your meatloaf to the next level.