Meatloaf has always been a staple in American kitchens. It is a classic dish that is not only simple to make but also delicious and satisfying. The best part of this dish is that it can be made in advance and reheated later, giving you enough time to tend to other matters.
– 1 pound ground beef
– 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1 egg
– 1/2 cup diced onion
– 1/2 cup diced carrot
– 1/2 cup diced celery
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/2 cup ketchup
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, milk, egg, diced onion, diced carrot, diced celery, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper.
3. Using your hands (or a spoon), mix the ingredients together until they are evenly distributed.
4. Transfer the mixture into a loaf pan and smooth the top with the back of the spoon.
5. Spread ketchup over the top of the meatloaf evenly.
6. Bake the meatloaf for 1 hour or until an internal temperature of 160°F is reached.
7. Let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes to allow juices to redistribute.
8. Slice and serve.
– Preheat oven to 350°F.
– Combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, milk, egg, diced onion, diced carrot, diced celery, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper in a mixing bowl.
– Transfer mixture to a loaf pan and smooth the top.
– Spread ketchup evenly over the top of the meatloaf.
– Bake for 1 hour or until internal temperature of 160°F is reached.
– Let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes.
– Slice and serve.