Crock pot beef stew is one of the easiest and most convenient recipes you can make. It’s perfect for a busy day when you don’t have much time to cook, or if you’re looking for a hearty and filling meal that’s sure to satisfy your hunger. This recipe is great for meal prep and leftovers, too!
– 2 lbs beef stew meat, cubed
– 1 large onion, chopped
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 4 carrots, chopped
– 4 stalks celery, chopped
– 2 cups beef broth
– 1 can diced tomatoes
– 1 tsp. dried thyme
– 1 tsp. dried rosemary
– 1 tsp. salt
– ½ tsp. black pepper
– 2 tbsp. flour
– 2 tbsp. olive oil
– 2 bay leaves
1. Begin by heating oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the cubed beef in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until it is brown on all sides.
2. Remove the beef from the pan and set it aside. In the same pan, add the onions and garlic, and cook for about 2 minutes or until onions are translucent.
3. Add the carrots and celery, and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir until everything is coated.
5. Put the beef, vegetables, bay leaves, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, diced tomatoes, and beef broth into the crock pot.
6. Turn the crock pot to high and cook for 4-5 hours, or low for 7-8 hours.
7. After cooking, remove the bay leaves and serve hot with fresh bread or over mashed potatoes or cauliflower rice.
– Heat oil in large pan and cook beef until brown
– Sauté onions and garlic, and then add carrots and celery
– Add flour to vegetable mixture and stir
– Put all ingredients in crock pot
– Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8 hours
– Remove bay leaves before serving hot with bread, mashed potatoes, or cauliflower rice