As the weather gets colder, there’s nothing better than a warm and hearty meal that will fill you up and keep you cozy. The Dutch Oven Beef Stew is a classic recipe that is perfect for those chilly days. Not only is it simple to prepare, but it’s also a great learning experience for beginner cooks who want to learn how to use a Dutch oven for cooking.
– 2 pounds beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 onion, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons flour
– 2 cups beef broth
– 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
– 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
– 1 tablespoon tomato paste
– 1 bay leaf
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
3. Add the beef and sear it on all sides until brown.
4. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
6. Add the beef broth and bring to a simmer.
7. Add the potatoes, carrots, tomato paste, and bay leaf.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Cover the Dutch oven with the lid and transfer it to the oven.
10. Bake for 2-3 hours, or until the beef is tender and the vegetables are cooked through.
11. Remove the bay leaf and serve hot.
– Preheat the oven to 350°F.
– In a Dutch oven, sear the beef with onion and garlic.
– Add flour, beef broth, potatoes, carrots, tomato paste and bay leaf.
– Cover the Dutch oven with lid and bake for 2-3 hours.
– Serve hot.