Crock Pot Beef Stew: A Hearty and Nutritious Meal
Beef stew is a classic comfort food that is both filling and delicious. It is an excellent way to get a hearty meal that includes a variety of vegetables and protein. This recipe for crock pot beef stew is simple and perfect for busy weeknights. The slow-cooking process allows all the flavors to meld together, resulting in a deeply satisfying meal.
– 2 lbs beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 4 cups beef broth
– 2 cups chopped carrots
– 2 cups chopped potatoes
– 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
– 1/2 cup chopped celery
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– 2 bay leaves
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large skillet or dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes.
2. Transfer the beef to a 6-quart crock pot. Add the beef broth, carrots, potatoes, onions, celery, garlic, rosemary, thyme, bay leaves, salt, and pepper.
3. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
4. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours, until the beef is tender and the vegetables are cooked through.
5. Remove the bay leaves and discard.
6. Serve hot with crusty bread or biscuits.
1. This recipe is an excellent source of protein. Beef is rich in essential amino acids that can help repair and build muscle tissue, support the immune system, and maintain healthy skin, hair, and nails.
2. This recipe is rich in essential vitamins and minerals. The vegetables, especially carrots and potatoes, are rich in vitamins C, K, and B-complex, and minerals like potassium, magnesium, and iron.
3. This recipe is a great option for busy weeknights. The crock pot allows you to set it and forget it, so you can come home to a delicious, hot meal at the end of a long day.
Overall, this recipe for crock pot beef stew is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a nutritious and filling meal that is both easy to make and delicious.