Classic Tuna Casserole Recipe
Tuna casserole is an easy and comforting dish that can be made with a few pantry staples. It is a great way to use up canned tuna and is quick to prepare. Here’s how to make a classic tuna casserole.
– 12 oz egg noodles
– 2 cans of tuna, drained
– 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
– 1 cup of frozen peas
– 1 cup of milk
– 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
– 1 cup of breadcrumbs
– 2 tbsp of butter
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Cook the egg noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix the drained tuna, cream of mushroom soup, frozen peas, milk, salt, and pepper.
4. Add the cooked egg noodles to the tuna mixture and stir to combine.
5. Transfer the mixture to a greased casserole dish.
6. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the casserole.
7. In a small skillet, melt the butter and add the breadcrumbs. Cook until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
8. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the cheese layer.
9. Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
10. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Your delicious and classic tuna casserole is ready to serve! Enjoy!
– Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
– Cook egg noodles according to package instructions.
– Mix tuna, cream of mushroom soup, frozen peas, milk, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
– Add cooked egg noodles to tuna mixture and stir.
– Transfer mixture to a greased casserole dish.
– Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the casserole.
– Melt butter in a small skillet, add breadcrumbs and cook until golden brown.
– Sprinkle breadcrumbs over cheese layer.
– Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
– Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.