– 1 cup of short-grain white rice
– 2 cups of water
– 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt
– 4 cups of whole milk
– 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
1. Combine the rice, water, butter, and salt in a medium-sized pot over medium heat on the stove. Bring the mixture to a boil while stirring occasionally with a spatula.
2. Cover the pot, reduce the heat to low, and cook for about 20 minutes, or until the rice has absorbed all the water and is tender.
3. Stir in the milk, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Raise the heat to medium, and bring the mixture to a simmer while stirring constantly.
4. Reduce the heat to low once again, and cook for another 20-25 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened to your liking.
5. Stir occasionally during the cooking process, scraping the bottom of the pot to prevent the mixture from sticking.
6. Once the pudding has thickened, remove it from heat and let it cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve the pudding warm, or refrigerate it for a few hours and serve it cold.
– Combine rice, water, butter, and salt and boil for 20 minutes.
– Stir in milk, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
– Stir occasionally and scrape the bottom of the pot.
– Remove from heat and let it cool for 5-10 minutes.
– Serve warm or refrigerate to serve cold.