Easter is that time of the year when people indulge in delicious desserts after a period of restrained eating in Lent. Whether you prefer a fruity pie, a layer cake, or cream-filled pastries, you’re sure to find Easter desserts that meet your needs in our list of seven festive Easter desserts to make this year.
1. Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting: The rich flavor of shredded carrots, raisins, and spices make this cake utterly delectable. The frosting made with cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar will make this Easter cake look and taste fantastic.
2. Chocolate-cherry Cream Pie: This eye-catching pie, made with a homemade chocolate pie crust and a luscious cherry filling, is a chocolate lover’s dream. Finished with whipped cream and chocolate curls, this pie is a delight to serve.
3. Vanilla Easter Basket Cupcakes: Adorable Easter cupcake filled with jellybeans, which are a favorite of children. The cupcakes are then decorated with coconut colored with green food coloring to make it turn into grass.
4. Mini Pavlovas with Berries and Cream: Pavlova, a crisp-surfaced meringue cloud, is paired with juicy berries and a dollop of whipped cream to make this dessert. This dessert is light, airy and delicious, and can be made in tiny individual sizes.
5. Bird’s Nest Cookies: Shape these classic shortbread cookies, by rolling the dough into balls, then coat them in coconut, and press jellybeans or M&M candy to create the “eggs” in the nests. These bird’s nest cookies are easy to make, adorable, and perfect for Easter.
6. Strawberry Lemonade Layer Cake: Take advantage of the fresh strawberries that are abundant at Easter and make this layer cake. A tangy lemon cake covered with a light, creamy frosting and berried jam make this cake a summery treat!
7. Easter Egg Cookies: These cookies, made with sugar and almond extract, are decorated with a variety of colors, sprinkles, and royal icing. They are then shaped into eggs, tops and bottoms, put together with icing, and then decorated as desired. The Easter egg cookies are not only sweet and delicious, but they also make a stunning presentation.
In conclusion, Easter is the perfect time to indulge in sweet treats. From carrot cake, pavlovas, and Easter egg cookies to chocolate-cherry cream pie and vanilla Easter basket cupcakes, our list of seven festive Easter desserts is sure to inspire. So, get your mixing bowls and your aprons, and get ready to make delicious treats for your family and friends this Easter!
– Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
– Chocolate-cherry Cream Pie
– Vanilla Easter Basket Cupcakes
– Mini Pavlovas with Berries and Cream
– Bird’s Nest Cookies
– Strawberry Lemonade Layer Cake
– Easter Egg Cookies