Zuppa Inglese is a classic Italian dessert that is easy to make and delicious in taste. This recipe is a mix of vanilla custard, sponge cake, and liqueur. It is a perfect dessert for any occasion and can be enjoyed by both children and adults. Let’s get started with the ingredients and recipe to prepare this delightful treat!
– Sponge cake
– Custard powder
– Vanilla extract or vanilla pod
– Liqueur (traditionally rum)
– Whipping cream
– Chocolate shavings (optional)
1. Prepare the sponge cake by cutting it into small pieces.
2. In a separate pan, prepare the custard by adding custard powder, sugar, and milk. Heat the mixture over medium heat and whisk until the custard is thick.
3. Add vanilla extract or vanilla pod to the custard mixture, and stir it well.
4. Add a tablespoon of liqueur to the custard mixture and stir well.
5. In a serving bowl or glass, layer the sponge cake pieces and then add the custard mixture on top. Repeat this step until the bowl or glass is full.
6. Once you have added all the layers, top the dessert with whipped cream and chocolate shavings (if desired).
7. Chill the dessert for an hour in the refrigerator before serving.
– Zuppa Inglese is a classic Italian dessert that is easy to make and delicious in taste.
– The recipe consists of sponge cake, custard, liqueur, whipping cream and chocolate shavings.
– Prepare the custard separately by heating custard powder, sugar and milk over medium heat.
– Layer the sponge cake and custard mixture in a serving bowl or glass until full.
– Top the dessert with whipped cream and chocolate shavings (if desired).
– Chill the dessert in the refrigerator for an hour before serving.