Swiss Roll Recipe (3 Ingredient Sponge)
Swiss Roll is a classic dessert, perfect for any occasion. With its light and fluffy sponge cake, combined with a sweet filling, a Swiss Roll is always a crowd-pleaser. And the best part? This recipe requires only three ingredients!
– 3 large eggs
– 100g caster sugar
– 100g self-raising flour
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs together until they become light and frothy.
3. Gradually add the caster sugar to the eggs, while still whisking, until the mixture becomes thick and creamy.
4. Sift the self-raising flour into the egg mixture and carefully fold it in until everything is fully combined.
5. Line a 20 x 30 cm baking tray with parchment paper and pour the mixture in. Evenly spread it out with a spatula.
6. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the sponge is lightly golden and springs back when touched.
7. Once the sponge is cooked, remove it from the oven and tip it out onto a clean tea towel.
8. Roll the sponge up tightly in the tea towel while it is still hot. This will create the classic Swiss Roll shape.
9. Leave the sponge rolled up in the tea towel until it has cooled completely.
10. Once the sponge has cooled down, gently unroll it and evenly spread the filling of your choice over the surface.
11. Carefully roll the sponge up again, starting from one end, until it is fully rolled up and the filling is inside.
12. Place the Swiss Roll onto a serving dish and slice it up into tasty rounds.
– Whisk eggs until frothy and add sugar gradually, whisking until mixture thickens
– Sift self-raising flour into the mixture and fold in
– Bake in the oven at 200°C for 10-12 minutes
– Roll up the sponge in a tea towel while still hot to create classic Swiss Roll shape
– Once cooled, unroll and add desired filling before rolling up again
– Slice into rounds and serve on a dish