Swedish Princess Cake: A Quick and Easy Dessert Recipe
Swedish Princess Cake is one of the most beloved desserts in the Scandinavian region. This heavenly cake is a perfect combination of sponge cake layers, whipped cream, vanilla cream, raspberry jam, and marzipan. The original recipe for this cake was created in the early 1900s by a Swedish baker named Jenny Åkerström. Today, it is a traditional dessert that is often served at special celebrations and events.
If you are looking for a quick and easy version of this famous cake, then you are in the right place. This recipe requires only a few ingredients and can be made in less than an hour. Follow these steps to create a delicious Swedish Princess Cake that everyone will love.
For the Sponge Cake:
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 3 large eggs, at room temperature
– 3/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1/3 cup whole milk
– 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
For the Filling:
– 1 cup whipped cream
– 1/2 cup vanilla custard (or use vanilla pudding mix)
– 1/4 cup raspberry jam
– 8 oz. marzipan
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch round cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
4. Slowly pour in the milk and melted butter, while continuing to beat on low speed.
5. Gradually add the flour mixture into the batter, and mix until just combined.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Let the cake cool completely on a wire rack.
8. In a small bowl, mix together the whipped cream and vanilla custard (or pudding mix). Set aside.
9. Cut the cake horizontally into three equal parts.
10. Spread the raspberry jam on the bottom cake layer, followed by a layer of the cream mixture.
11. Place the second cake layer on top of the cream and repeat with the jam and cream.
12. Add the final cake layer on top.
13. Dust a clean work surface with powdered sugar and roll out the marzipan into a thin layer.
14. Carefully wrap the marzipan around the cake, trimming off any excess.
15. Refrigerate the cake for at least one hour before serving.
– Swedish Princess Cake is a traditional Scandinavian dessert that is rich and delicious.
– This recipe is quick and easy to make, requiring only a few ingredients and minimal prep time.
– The cake is made with a sponge cake base, whipped cream and vanilla custard filling, raspberry jam, and marzipan.
– The cake is assembled by layering the sponge cake with the cream mixture and raspberry jam.
– A thin layer of marzipan is wrapped around the cake to form a smooth finish.
– The cake should be refrigerated for at least one hour before serving.