If you’re looking for a classic comfort food that’s easy to prepare and always hits the spot, look no further than tuna noodle casserole. This recipe has been a staple of American kitchens since the 1960s, and it’s still as delicious today as it was back then. Whether you’re hosting a retro dinner party or just looking for a family-friendly dinner that everyone will love, this tuna noodle casserole is sure to be a hit.
-8 oz egg noodles
-1 can tuna, drained
-1/2 cup mayonnaise
-1/2 cup sour cream
-1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
-1/2 cup frozen peas
-1/4 cup chopped onion
-1/4 cup chopped celery
-1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
-1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
-1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Cook egg noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, and cream of mushroom soup.
4. Add in the drained tuna, frozen peas, chopped onion, chopped celery, chopped red and green bell pepper, and grated cheddar cheese. Stir to combine.
5. Fold in the cooked egg noodles until everything is evenly coated.
6. Transfer the mixture to a 9×13 inch baking dish.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and bubbly.
8. Let the casserole cool for a few minutes before serving.
-Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C) and cook egg noodles according to package instructions.
-In a mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, and cream of mushroom soup.
-Add in drained tuna, frozen peas, chopped onion, celery, red and green bell pepper, and cheddar cheese. Stir to combine.
-Fold in cooked egg noodles and transfer to a 9×13 inch baking dish.
-Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and bubbly.
-Let cool for a few minutes before serving.