Just AMAZING Beef Stew | Chef Jean-Pierre
Beef stew is a beloved classic that warms the heart and stomach. Chef Jean-Pierre’s take on this dish is just amazing with its combination of tender beef and flavorful vegetables. Here’s how to make it:
– 2 lbs. of beef chuck or stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
– 2 tbsp. of vegetable or canola oil
– 1 medium yellow onion, diced
– 4 cloves of garlic, minced
– 4 cups of beef broth
– 1 cup of red wine (optional)
– 2 tbsp. of tomato paste
– 2 tbsp. of all-purpose flour
– 2 tsp. of dried thyme
– 2 tsp. of dried oregano
– 2 bay leaves
– 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
– 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
– 2 stalks of celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
– salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the beef and brown on all sides. Remove the beef and set aside.
2. Add the onion and garlic to the same pot and cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the beef broth, red wine (if using), tomato paste, flour, thyme, oregano, and bay leaves. Stir well to combine.
4. Return the beef to the pot and stir to coat with the sauce. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the beef is very tender.
5. Add the carrots, potatoes, and celery to the pot and stir to combine. Cover and cook for another 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot and enjoy!
– Brown beef in a Dutch oven with oil
– Cook onion and garlic until translucent
– Add beef broth, tomato paste, flour, thyme, oregano, and bay leaves
– Return beef to the pot and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours
– Add carrots, potatoes, and celery and simmer for another 30 minutes
– Season with salt and pepper to taste