Tuna noodle casserole is a comforting and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for a cozy family dinner or a potluck party. This classic recipe has been popular for decades and is loved by many for its creamy, cheesy, and savory taste. If you are a fan of tuna and pasta, then you will surely enjoy this dish.
To make a delicious tuna noodle casserole, you will need the following ingredients:
– Egg noodles (8 oz)
– Canned tuna (2 cans, drained)
– Cream of mushroom soup (1 can)
– Milk (1/2 cup)
– Frozen peas (1 cup)
– Cheddar cheese (1 cup, shredded)
– Bread crumbs (1/2 cup)
– Butter (2 tbsp, melted)
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
2. Cook the egg noodles according to the package instructions.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the canned tuna, cream of mushroom soup, milk, frozen peas, and shredded cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Drain the cooked egg noodles and add them to the bowl with the tuna mixture. Mix well.
5. Transfer the mixture to a 9×13-inch baking dish.
6. In a separate bowl, combine the bread crumbs and butter.
7. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the top of the dish.
8. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the bread crumb topping is golden brown and the casserole is hot and bubbly.
9. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Your delicious tuna noodle casserole is now ready to be enjoyed! Serve it hot with a side salad or some garlic bread for a complete meal.
– Tuna noodle casserole is a classic and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for a cozy family dinner or a potluck party.
– To make tuna noodle casserole, you will need egg noodles, canned tuna, cream of mushroom soup, milk, frozen peas, cheddar cheese, bread crumbs, butter, salt, and pepper.
– Cook the egg noodles and mix them with the tuna mixture (tuna, soup, milk, peas, cheese, seasonings).
– Transfer the mixture to a baking dish, sprinkle bread crumbs and butter mixture over it.
– Bake in the pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes until the topping is golden brown and the casserole is hot and bubbly.
– Serve hot with a side salad or garlic bread.