Homemade Italian Meatloaf Recipe
Meatloaf is a popular comfort food that is easy to prepare and can be customized to suit different tastes. This Homemade Italian Meatloaf recipe is a classic dish with a flavorful twist that combines ground beef and pork with herbs, spices, and Parmesan cheese.
– 1 lb lean ground beef
– 1 lb ground pork
– 1 cup breadcrumbs
– 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 1/2 cup milk
– 2 eggs
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
– 1 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp black pepper
– 1/4 cup tomato sauce
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, ground pork, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, milk, eggs, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
3. Mix the ingredients well with your hands until they are evenly distributed.
4. Add the tomato sauce and chopped parsley to the mixture and mix again until fully incorporated.
5. Grease a baking dish with cooking spray or oil and place the meat mixture in the dish, shaping it into a loaf shape.
6. Bake the meatloaf uncovered for 1 hour, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the loaf registers 160°F.
7. Remove the meatloaf from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
– Preheat the oven to 375°F.
– Combine ground beef, ground pork, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, milk, eggs, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
– Add tomato sauce and chopped parsley to the mixture and mix well.
– Shape the mixture into a loaf shape in a greased baking dish.
– Bake for 1 hour at 375°F.
– Let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes before serving.