Are you looking for a delicious dessert to serve this Eid without using any eggs? Look no further than this easy-to-make Basbousa recipe without egg, perfect for pleasing your sweet tooth without any guilt.
– 2 cups of semolina flour
– 1/2 cup of sugar
– 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
– 1/2 cup of yogurt
– 1 teaspoon of baking powder
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1 cup of water
– 1 cup of harissa sauce (for topping)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the semolina flour, sugar, baking powder, and vegetable oil.
3. Mix well until the ingredients are well combined.
4. Add in the yogurt, vanilla extract, and water, then mix until you get a smooth batter.
5. Grease a baking dish with some oil or butter, then pour the batter into the dish and smooth it out until it’s evenly distributed.
6. Place the dish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until it’s golden brown.
7. Once done, take out the dish and let it cool for a few minutes.
8. Cut the basbousa into small square pieces, then pour the harissa sauce over them.
Voila! Your delicious Basbousa dessert without egg is ready to be served.
– Basbousa is a popular Arabic dessert that is made using semolina flour, yogurt, sugar, and baking powder.
– This recipe is egg-free, making it a great option for those with allergies or dietary restrictions.
– Harissa sauce is used as a topping to give the dessert an extra burst of flavor.
– The recipe is simple and easy to follow, making it perfect for beginners.
– The dessert can be served warm or cold and is perfect for any occasion, especially Eid celebrations.