Meatloaf has been a staple of American comfort food for generations. Its versatility and simple yet satisfying taste make it perfect for Sunday suppers, weekday lunches or dinner leftovers. In this article, we will be diving into the world of homemade meatloaf and sharing with you our fail-proof recipe.
-1 pound ground beef
-1 cup breadcrumbs
-1/2 cup milk
-1/4 cup chopped onions
-1/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
-1/4 cup chopped red bell peppers
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
-1/2 cup ketchup
-2 tablespoons brown sugar
-2 tablespoons mustard
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, milk, chopped onions, chopped green and red bell peppers, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
3. Knead with your hand until well combined; avoid overmixing as this can make the meatloaf dry and tough.
4. Shape the meat mixture into a loaf and place it in a lightly greased baking dish.
5. In a small bowl, mix together ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Spread this mixture evenly on top of the meatloaf.
6. Bake the meatloaf for 50-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part read 165°F.
7. Allow the meatloaf to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Homemade meatloaf is a simple yet classic dish that never fails to please. Whether you’re craving a comforting meal, an easy lunch or a family dinner, this recipe is perfect for you. Follow our easy steps and enjoy the delicious and hearty flavors of a homemade meatloaf.
-To make homemade meatloaf, combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, milk, onions, peppers, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
-Mix well but avoid overmixing.
-Shape the meat mixture into a loaf and spread ketchup, mustard and brown sugar mixture on top.
-Bake for 50-60 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 165°F.
-Let the meatloaf rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.