DING DONG CAKE | Hostess Copycat Recipe | Q&A Show Coming Soon, What’s Your Question?
Are you someone who craves the indulgence of Hostess Ding Dongs but wants to try making it at home? Look no further! In this recipe, learn how to make a copycat version of the Hostess Ding Dong Cake that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
– 1 box of chocolate cake mix
– 3 eggs
– 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
– 1 cup of water
– 1 can of vanilla frosting
– 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
– 1/4 cup of heavy cream
– 1/4 cup of unsalted butter
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease two round cake pans with butter or cooking spray and then dust them with cocoa powder.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the chocolate cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and water. Mix well until the batter is smooth and free of lumps.
4. Divide the batter evenly between the two cake pans.
5. Bake the cakes for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Allow the cakes to cool down completely before removing them from the pans.
7. To make the filling, melt the semisweet chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave.
8. In another bowl, mix the vanilla frosting with the melted chocolate until it is well-incorporated.
9. Cut the top of one of the cakes to create a flat surface.
10. Spread the chocolate frosting mixture on top of the flattened cake.
11. Place the remaining cake on top of the frosting and press it lightly to make sure it sticks to the filling.
12. To make the glaze, heat the heavy cream and unsalted butter in a small saucepan until the butter melts.
13. Add the semisweet chocolate chips and mix well until the chocolate is completely melted.
14. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool for a couple of minutes.
15. Pour the glaze on top of the cake and spread it evenly to coat the entire cake.
16. Leave the cake to cool and set for a few minutes before serving.
Voila! Your delicious Hostess Ding Dong Cake is ready to be enjoyed.
– Preheat your oven and prepare the cake mix.
– Divide the batter among two cake pans and bake them.
– Make the filling by melting the chocolate chips and mixing it with the vanilla frosting.
– Layer the cake with the filling and top it with glaze.
– Allow the cake to cool and set before serving.