Tuna Noodle Casserole Recipe: A classic comfort food
Tuna noodle casserole is a classic comfort food that has been enjoyed for generations. It’s a simple and easy-to-make dish that is filling and flavorful. Whether it’s for a quick dinner or a potluck event, this recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
– 8 oz egg noodles
– 2 cans of tuna in water, drained
– 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
– 1 cup of milk
– 1 cup of frozen peas
– 1/2 cup of diced celery
– 1/2 cup of diced onion
– 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Cook the egg noodles according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the tuna, cream of mushroom soup, milk, frozen peas, diced celery, and diced onion. Mix well.
4. Add the cooked egg noodles to the mixing bowl and stir until everything is evenly combined.
5. Pour the mixture into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
6. Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese on top of the casserole.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
8. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Benefits and Tips:
– This recipe is an excellent source of protein, as tuna is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids.
– Egg noodles are a good source of carbohydrates and add texture to the dish.
– Frozen peas are a good source of vitamins and nutrients, including fiber and Vitamin C.
– For a healthier version, consider using low-fat or fat-free cream of mushroom soup and cheese, and replace egg noodles with whole-grain noodles.
– Adding a sprinkle of crushed crackers or bread crumbs on top of the cheese can add additional texture and flavor to the casserole.
In summary, the Tuna Noodle Casserole is an effortless, hearty, and delicious dish that is perfect for any meal. With simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, this recipe is perfect for busy weeknights or potluck events. Adding your personal touch and creativity to the dish is always welcome. Enjoy!