Italian Meatloaf Recipe – Your Family Will Love This Twist On A Classic
Meatloaf is a classic comfort food that has been enjoyed by families for generations. It’s a hearty and tasty dish that’s easy to make, and perfect for any day of the week. However, if you’re looking to put a new twist on an old favorite, then you should try this Italian Meatloaf Recipe. This recipe uses traditional Italian ingredients such as basil, rosemary, and Parmesan cheese to give the classic meatloaf a delicious makeover. In this article, we’ll take a look at the ingredients you’ll need and the steps to follow to create this mouth-watering Italian Meatloaf.
– 2 pounds ground beef
– 1 cup of breadcrumbs
– 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
– 3 eggs
– 1/2 cup of chopped onion
– 1/2 cup of chopped green bell pepper
– 2 cloves of crushed garlic
– 2 teaspoons of fresh chopped basil
– 1 teaspoon of fresh rosemary
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
– 1/2 cup of ketchup
– 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, eggs, chopped onion, chopped green bell pepper, crushed garlic, fresh chopped basil, fresh rosemary, salt, and black pepper. Mix everything together until the ingredients are well combined.
3. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
4. Add half of the ketchup and Worcestershire sauce mixture to the meatloaf mixture and mix until well combined.
5. Transfer the meatloaf mixture to a loaf pan and press it down firmly.
6. Spread the remaining ketchup and Worcestershire sauce mixture on top of the meatloaf.
7. Bake the meatloaf in the preheated oven for 1 hour, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. Once the meatloaf is done, remove it from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
– Combine ingredients and add ketchup and Worcestershire sauce mixture.
– Transfer to loaf pan, add remaining sauce mixture, and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!