Easter is a wonderful time of year. Everywhere you look, you see soft pastel colors and adorable bunnies. One of the best parts of Easter is the delicious treats that come with it. Easter cakes, in particular, are a popular treat that people of all ages can enjoy. If you want to learn how to make Easter cakes, we have got you covered. In this article, we will share a delicious Easter cake recipe and some fun Easter cake ideas.
How To Make Easter Cakes – Easter Cake Recipe
One of the things that makes Easter cakes so lovely is their pastel colors. For our Easter cake recipe, we are going to use a pastel yellow batter and a pink frosting.
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
– 1/2 cup whole milk
– A few drops of yellow food coloring
– 1 cup powdered sugar
– 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
– 1/4 cup whole milk
– A few drops of pink food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour two 8-inch cake pans.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Stir in vanilla and almond extracts.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture alternately with milk, starting and ending with the dry ingredients.
7. Stir in a few drops of yellow food coloring until the batter is a pastel yellow.
8. Pour batter evenly into the two prepared cake pans.
9. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
10. Let cakes cool completely before frosting.
11. To make the frosting, beat powdered sugar, butter, and milk together until smooth.
12. Add a few drops of pink food coloring until the frosting is a pastel pink.
13. Frost the top of one cake layer, place the other cake layer on top, and frost the entire cake.
14. Decorate the cake with Easter sprinkles, candies or Easter eggs.
Easter Cakes Ideas – Easy Easter Cakes
Now that we have gone over how to make an Easter cake let’s talk about different Easter cake ideas. Here are some easy Easter cakes ideas:
1. Bunny cake – Make a round cake and cut it into the shape of a bunny. Frost with white frosting and add pink accents for the ears, nose, and cheeks. Use black frosting for the eyes and whiskers, and add green coconut for the grass.
2. Carrot cake – Make a classic carrot cake recipe and frost with a cream cheese frosting.
3. Peeps cake – Frost a cake with pastel yellow frosting and top with Peeps candies.
4. Egg-shaped cake – Make a cake in the shape of an egg and frost with pastel-colored frosting. Add speckles with brown food coloring or chocolate chips.
5. Chocolate nest cake – Make a chocolate cake and frost with chocolate icing. Then, add a nest made of shredded wheat cereal and chocolate eggs on top.
Easter cakes are a delightful way to celebrate the holiday. With this Easter cake recipe and some easy Easter cake ideas, you’ll be able to make a delicious cake that will impress your friends and family. Remember to have fun with decorating and making your cake something special. Happy Easter!
-Use pastel colors to decorate Easter cakes
-Our Easter cake recipe has a yellow vanilla cake with pink frosting
-Easter cake ideas include bunny, carrot, Peeps, egg-shaped and chocolate nest cakes
-Decorate cakes with Easter-themed candies, eggs, sprinkles, or coconut.