Beef stew is one of those classic comfort foods that everybody loves. But sometimes the thought of making a stew from scratch can seem daunting, especially if you’ve never done it before. That’s where this recipe from Recipes by Warren Nash comes in – it’s so easy that even a beginner can make it! Here’s what you’ll need:
– 1 kg diced beef stew meat
– 2 onions, chopped
– 4 carrots, sliced
– 4 potatoes, chopped
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 tbsp tomato paste
– 3 cups beef broth
– 2 tbsp flour
– 2 tbsp vegetable oil
– Salt and pepper
1. Begin by heating the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add the diced beef stew meat and cook until browned on all sides. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
3. Once the beef is browned, add the chopped onions and minced garlic to the pot. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the onions are soft.
4. Next, add the sliced carrots and chopped potatoes to the pot. Stir everything together for 1-2 minutes.
5. Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir until everything is well coated.
6. Add the tomato paste and beef broth to the pot. Stir to combine everything.
7. Bring the stew to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 1-2 hours. The longer you let it simmer, the more tender and flavorful the beef will become.
8. After the stew has simmered for a while, taste it and add salt and pepper to taste.
And that’s it, your easy beef stew is ready to serve!
– This recipe is perfect for beginners who want to make a hearty and delicious beef stew without any fuss.
– You’ll need diced beef stew meat, onions, carrots, potatoes, garlic, tomato paste, beef broth, flour, vegetable oil, salt, and pepper.
– Brown the beef, sauté the onions and garlic, add the vegetables, sprinkle with flour, and then add the tomato paste and beef broth.
– Let the stew simmer for 1-2 hours for maximum flavor and tenderness.
– Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
– Enjoy your comforting and satisfying beef stew, knowing that you made it from scratch!