Desserts are the perfect way to end a meal with something sweet and satisfying. However, not everyone has the skills or the experience to whip up fancy confectionaries like a pastry chef. But, Oodles has got you covered with four easy dessert recipes that even beginners can make. Follow these recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth without any hassle.
Recipe 1: Chocolate Mug Cake
Everyone loves dessert, but not everyone has the patience to bake a cake from scratch. This chocolate mug cake is an easy dessert recipe that takes less than 5 minutes to make.
– 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 4 tablespoons sugar
– 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
– 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
– a pinch of salt
– 3 tablespoons milk
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– A few drops of vanilla extract
1. In a microwave-safe mug, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
2. Add the milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract to the mug and whisk until the batter is smooth.
3. Microwave the mug cake in the microwave on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds, or until the cake has risen and is cooked through.
4. Serve the cake with ice cream, whipped cream or your favourite toppings.
Recipe 2: Fruit Salad
A fruit salad is a refreshing dessert that can be enjoyed all year round. Not to mention, it’s easy to put together and bursting with flavour.
– 2 cups mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
– 1 cup sliced kiwi fruit
– 1 cup sliced mango
– 1 cup sliced banana
– 1 tablespoon honey
– 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1. Combine all the fruits in a large bowl and toss.
2. In a small bowl, mix the honey and lime juice together.
3. Pour the mixture over the fruit and toss well.
4. Serve chilled.
Recipe 3: No-Bake Cheesecake
Cheesecake is a classic dessert that everyone loves. This no-bake cheesecake recipe is easy to make and doesn’t require any baking skills.
– 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
– 1/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
– 1 cup heavy whipping cream
– 8 oz cream cheese, softened
– 1/2 cup powdered sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar and the melted butter until the mixture is moist and crumbly.
2. Press the graham cracker mixture evenly on the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish.
3. In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
4. In another bowl, beat the cream cheese until it’s fluffy.
5. Gradually add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract to the cream cheese mixture.
6. Gradually fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until fully combined.
7. Pour the mixture on top of the graham cracker crust.
8. Chill the cheesecake in the fridge for at least 6 hours or until set.
9. Top with whipped cream, fruits or your favourite toppings.
Recipe 4: Milk and Honey Ice Cream
If you’re looking for an easy dessert recipe that combines sweet and creamy flavors, try this milk and honey ice cream. This recipe requires an ice cream maker, but it’s worth it for the rich, velvety texture.
– 2 cups heavy cream
– 2 cups whole milk
– 3/4 cup honey
– 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
– A pinch of salt
1. In a saucepan, mix together the heavy cream, whole milk, honey, vanilla extract and salt.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture starts to simmer.
3. Remove the mixture from heat and let it cool completely.
4. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
5. Transfer the ice cream to a covered container and freeze until firm.
6. Serve the ice cream with your favourite toppings.
Using these four easy dessert recipes by Oodles, you’ll be able to create delicious desserts with minimum effort. Impress your friends and family with your baking skills using these simple recipes.
– Chocolate Mug Cake: Mix all the ingredients in the microwave-safe mug and microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
– Fruit Salad: Combine all the fruits in a large bowl and toss together with honey and lime juice.
– No-Bake Cheesecake: Mix graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar and melted butter and press into a 9-inch pie dish. Mix creamy ingredients, fold in whipped cream, pour into crust and chill for at least 6 hours.
– Milk and Honey Ice Cream: Mix together heavy cream, whole milk, honey, vanilla extract and salt in a saucepan, cook until simmering. Cool mixture, pour into ice cream maker and churn, then transfer to a covered container and freeze.