Beef stew is one of the most classic comfort foods that you can create in a huge pot on a cold winter day. This recipe will provide you with the perfect beef stew that will be loved by everyone. So gather up your ingredients and let us get started.
– 1 pound of beef chuck or stew meat
– 2 tablespoons of flour
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 chopped onion
– 3 minced garlic cloves
– 2 sliced carrots
– 2 sliced celery stalks
– 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
– 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1 can of diced tomatoes
– 3 cups of beef broth
– 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
– 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
– Salt and black pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, season 1 pound of beef chuck or stew meat with salt and black pepper.
3. Coat the meat with 2 tablespoons of flour, then mix evenly to blend.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat on the stove.
5. Add the coated beef and stir continuously for around 5 minutes till it becomes brown.
6. Remove the beef with a slotted spoon, and place it on a clean plate.
7. Add 1 diced onion, 3 minced garlic cloves, 2 sliced carrots, and 2 sliced celery stalks to the Dutch oven.
8. Cook, and stir occasionally for around 5 minutes until the vegetables begin to soften.
9. Add the beef back to the Dutch oven, along with 2 tablespoons of tomato paste, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, and 1 can of diced tomatoes.
10. Gradually stir in 3 cups of beef broth.
11. Add 1 teaspoon of dried thyme and 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary to the mixture.
12. Bring the stew to a boil, season with salt and black pepper, and cover with a tight-fitting lid.
13. Place it in the preheated oven for around 2 hours or until the beef is tender.
14. Check on the stew periodically, stirring the vegetables and beef in the broth.
15. Carefully take the Dutch oven from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
– Season your beef chuck with salt and black pepper.
– Brown the beef in olive oil before adding vegetables.
– Gradually stir diced tomatoes, beef broth, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce into the Dutch oven mixture.
– Cook stew in the oven at 325°F for approximately 2 hours.
– Add seasoning to taste, and enjoy!