Instant Pot Tuna Noodle Casserole Without Canned Soups!
Tuna noodle casserole is a classic comfort food that many of us grew up eating. However, traditional recipes often rely on canned cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup, which can be high in sodium and preservatives. This recipe provides a healthier and fresher option that doesn’t require any canned soups. Plus, it can be made quickly and easily with an Instant Pot.
– 12 oz. of egg noodles
– 2 tbsp. of butter
– 1 onion, chopped
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 2 cups of fresh mushrooms, sliced
– 1 cup of frozen peas
– 1 cup of chicken broth
– 1 cup of milk
– 1 tbsp. of Dijon mustard
– 1 tbsp. of all-purpose flour
– 2 cans of tuna, drained and flaked
– 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Select the “Sauté” function on your Instant Pot and melt the butter. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté for 2-3 minutes until they become translucent.
2. Add the sliced mushrooms and continue sautéing for another 2-3 minutes until they become tender.
3. Turn off the “Sauté” function and add the egg noodles, frozen peas, chicken broth, milk, Dijon mustard, and all-purpose flour. Stir everything together until the flour is completely dissolved.
4. Close the Instant Pot lid and select the “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” function on high for 5 minutes.
5. Once the cooking time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then use the quick release method to release any remaining pressure.
6. Open the Instant Pot lid and stir in the drained and flaked tuna, shredded cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper.
7. Serve the casserole hot and enjoy!
– Tuna noodle casserole is a classic comfort food that can be made healthier and fresher without using canned soups.
– This recipe uses an Instant Pot to make the cooking process quick and easy.
– The ingredients include egg noodles, fresh onions and garlic, sliced mushrooms, frozen peas, chicken broth, milk, Dijon mustard, all-purpose flour, canned tuna, shredded cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper.
– Simply sauté the onions, garlic, and mushrooms, add the remaining ingredients except for the tuna, cheese, salt, and pepper, and cook in the Instant Pot for 5 minutes on high pressure.
– Add the tuna, cheese, salt, and pepper, and the dish is ready to be served hot.