Beef stew is a classic dish that is perfect for cold weather or a hearty meal any time of the year. This recipe for classic beef stew is easy to follow and will result in a delicious and satisfying meal. Here’s how to make it!
– 2 pounds beef chuck roast, cut into bite-sized pieces
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/4 teaspoon paprika
– 1/4 teaspoon thyme
– 1 large onion, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 4 cups beef broth
– 2 cups potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
– 2 cups carrots, cut into bite-sized pieces
– 1 cup celery, chopped
– 1 cup frozen peas
1. In a large Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until browned on all sides, stirring occasionally.
2. Sprinkle the flour, salt, pepper, paprika, and thyme over the beef and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until the mixture is lightly browned.
3. Add the onion and garlic to the Dutch oven and cook until the onion is softened.
4. Pour in the beef broth and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and cover the Dutch oven.
5. Cook the beef stew for about 1 hour, or until the beef is tender.
6. Add the potatoes, carrots, and celery to the Dutch oven and stir to combine. Cover and continue to cook for another 30-40 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
7. Stir in the frozen peas and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes.
8. Serve the classic beef stew hot, garnished with fresh parsley if desired.
– Beef stew is a classic dish that makes for a hearty and satisfying meal.
– This recipe calls for beef chuck roast, which is cut into bite-sized pieces and browned in a Dutch oven.
– The beef is seasoned with flour, salt, pepper, paprika, and thyme, then combined with onions, garlic, and beef broth to create a flavorful base.
– The stew is cooked until the beef is tender, then potatoes, carrots, and celery are added and cooked until they are tender as well.
– Frozen peas are added at the end for an extra pop of color and flavor.
– Serve the classic beef stew hot, garnished with fresh parsley if desired.