Beef stew is a classic comfort dish that is perfect for the fall and winter seasons. The Instant Pot is a great kitchen tool that can help you make your beef stew quickly and easily. This recipe is perfect for those busy weeknights when you want a hearty meal but don’t have the time to cook for hours.
– 1 pound of beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 1 onion, chopped
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 2 cups of beef broth
– 2 cups of diced potatoes
– 2 cups of diced carrots
– 1 cup of diced celery
– 1 tsp dried thyme
– 1 tsp dried rosemary
– 1 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Set the Instant Pot to sauté mode and add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the beef stew meat and cook until browned on all sides. Remove the meat from the Instant Pot and set aside.
2. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the Instant Pot and sauté for a few minutes until the onion is translucent.
3. Add the beef broth to the Instant Pot and use a wooden spoon to scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. This will add flavor to your beef stew.
4. Add the diced potatoes, carrots, celery, dried thyme, dried rosemary, salt, and black pepper to the Instant Pot. Stir everything together.
5. Return the browned beef stew meat to the Instant Pot and stir everything together.
6. Close the lid and set the Instant Pot to manual mode for 35 minutes.
7. Once the Instant Pot has finished cooking, let the pressure release naturally or use the quick-release method.
8. Serve your beef stew hot with crusty bread or over rice.
– Beef stew is a classic comfort food that is perfect for cooler weather
– The Instant Pot is a great kitchen tool that can help you make beef stew quickly and easily
– Browning the beef stew meat before cooking other ingredients will add flavor to the dish
– Sautéing the onion and garlic will add depth and complexity to the flavors
– Adding beef broth and scraping the browned bits from the bottom of the pot will add even more flavor to your beef stew
– Cooking the beef stew for 35 minutes in the Instant Pot will ensure that the meat is tender and all the flavors have melded together
– Letting the pressure release naturally or using the quick-release method will ensure that the beef stew is safe to open and serve
– Beef stew can be served with crusty bread or over rice for a complete and satisfying meal