Gajar Ka Halwa Recipe | Homemade Carrot Halwa | Indian Dessert Recipe – Smita
Carrot Halwa, also known as Gajar ka Halwa, is a traditional Indian dessert that is rich, creamy, and easy to make. This dessert is made with grated carrots, milk, sugar, and ghee, which give it a luscious texture and flavor.
– 1 kg carrots, peeled and grated
– 2 cups milk
– 1 cup sugar
– 1/2 cup ghee
– 1 tsp cardamom powder
– A handful of chopped almonds and cashews (for garnishing)
1. In a deep pan, add grated carrots and milk. Mix well and cook on low flame.
2. Keep stirring occasionally, until the carrots are cooked and the milk thickens. This may take around 20-30 minutes, so be patient.
3. After the milk has thickened, add sugar and ghee, and mix well. Continue to stir until the mixture starts to thicken, and the ghee separates from the mixture.
4. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
5. Garnish with chopped almonds and cashews, and serve hot or cold.
– Use fresh carrots for the best taste.
– Grate the carrots finely for a smooth texture.
– Use full-fat milk for a creamier halwa.
– You can adjust the quantity of sugar to suit your taste preference.
In conclusion, Gajar ka Halwa is a delightful and easy-to-make dessert that is perfect for any occasion. Here are the bullet points summarizing the recipe:
– Peel and grate 1 kg carrots.
– Add 2 cups of milk and cook on low flame until the mixture thickens.
– Add 1 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of ghee, and continue to stir.
– Once the mixture starts to thicken, add cardamom powder and mix well.
– Garnish with chopped nuts and serve hot or cold.