As the weather starts to get cooler, there’s nothing more comforting than a warm bowl of beef stew. This easy beef stew recipe is perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends. Not only is it simple to make, but it’s also a great way to use up any leftover vegetables in your fridge. So, let’s get started!
– 1 pound beef stew meat
– 1 onion, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 cups vegetables (carrots, potatoes, celery, etc.)
– 1 can diced tomatoes
– 4 cups beef broth
– 1 tsp dried thyme
– 1 bay leaf
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat a large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add the beef stew meat and cook until browned on all sides. Remove from the pot and set aside.
3. Add onions and garlic to the pot and cook until slightly softened.
4. Add the vegetables, canned tomatoes, beef broth, thyme, bay leaf, salt, and pepper.
5. Add the beef back into the pot.
6. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 1-2 hours until the beef is tender and the veggies are cooked through.
7. Remove the bay leaf before serving.
– You can use any vegetables you have on hand, including peas, corn, or green beans.
– If you don’t have beef broth, you can use chicken or vegetable broth instead.
– You can also add in some red wine for extra flavor.
– Serve with crusty bread or over a bed of rice or mashed potatoes.
– An easy beef stew recipe perfect for cold days.
– Uses leftover vegetables.
– Ingredients include beef stew meat, onions, garlic, vegetables, canned tomatoes, beef broth, dried thyme, and bay leaf.
– Additional tips include using any vegetables, using chicken or vegetable broth instead of beef broth, adding in red wine, and serving with bread, rice, or mashed potatoes.