Doodh Dulari Recipe: A Delicious Indian Dessert
Doodh Dulari is a classic Indian dessert and a crowd-pleaser that can be prepared quickly and easily. It is made by combining sweetened milk with semolina pearls (also known as sabudana), soaked in water for a few hours until they become translucent in appearance. The dessert is then topped with grated coconut, raisins, and nuts of your choice.
For the Doodh Dulari:
– 1 cup semolina pearls (sabudana)
– 1 liter milk
– 1 cup sugar
– ½ cup water
– 2-3 cardamom pods, crushed
– A pinch of saffron strands
For the Topping:
– ½ cup grated coconut
– ¼ cup raisins
– ¼ cup chopped nuts (cashews, almonds, pistachios)
1. Soak the semolina pearls in water for at least 4 hours to overnight.
2. In a saucepan, bring the milk to a boil. Add in the crushed cardamom pods and saffron strands and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
3. Drain the soaked semolina pearls and add them to the simmering milk. Make sure to stir continuously to avoid lumps.
4. Add the sugar to the mixture and stir until dissolved. Let it simmer on low heat for another 5-7 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat and let it cool down to room temperature.
6. For the topping, roast the grated coconut in a pan until it turns golden brown. Add in the raisins and chopped nuts and cook for another 2 minutes.
7. Once the Doodh Dulari has cooled down, transfer it to a serving dish and spread the topping over it.
8. Serve chilled and enjoy!
– Doodh Dulari is a delicious Indian dessert made with sweetened milk and soaked semolina pearls.
– Soak the semolina pearls in water for at least 4 hours to overnight.
– Boil the milk and add in crushed cardamom pods and saffron strands, then add in the drained semolina pearls.
– Add sugar and stir until dissolved, then let simmer for 5-7 minutes.
– Cool down to room temperature before adding toppings of grated coconut, raisins, and nuts.
– Serve chilled and enjoy!