Cooking healthy meals can often seem time-consuming and expensive, but with the right planning and preparation, it doesn’t have to be. In this article, we will be sharing a recipe for cheap and healthy meals for the entire week that can be done in just one hour.
What you’ll need:
– 1 head of broccoli
– 1 red onion
– 1 sweet potato
– 2 chicken breasts
– 1 can of chickpeas
– 2 cups of brown rice
– 1 can of diced tomatoes
– 1 tablespoon of olive oil
– Salt and pepper
– Your choice of spices
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
2. Wash and chop the broccoli into bite-sized pieces. Peel and dice the sweet potato into small cubes. Chop the red onion into small pieces.
3. Place the broccoli, sweet potato, and red onion onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste. Add your choice of spices like paprika, garlic powder, or chili flakes for added flavors.
4. Mix everything together and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked through and slightly caramelized.
5. While the vegetables are cooking, prepare the brown rice according to the package instructions. Add salt and any other desired herbs and spices.
6. Cut the chicken breasts into small bite-sized pieces. In a non-stick pan, add a tablespoon of olive oil and cook the chicken until golden brown and cooked through.
7. Drain and rinse the can of chickpeas. On a separate pan, heat the chickpeas with a can of diced tomatoes until they’re heated through.
8. Once everything is cooked, divide the ingredients into 5 equal portions and store in air-tight containers.
– Wash and chop the broccoli, sweet potato, and red onion and place them in a baking sheet
– Add olive oil, salt, pepper, and spices to the vegetables and bake for 20 minutes
– Prepare brown rice according to the package instructions
– Cut the chicken breasts into small bite-sized pieces and cook in a non-stick pan until golden brown and cooked through
– Drain and rinse the chickpeas and heat with a can of diced tomatoes
– Divide everything into five equal portions and store in air-tight containers.