Brookies Recipe | Brownie and Chocolate Chip Cookie in One!
Are you a fan of both brownies and chocolate chip cookies? If so, this recipe will be your new favorite dessert! Brookies are a combination of a brownie and a chocolate chip cookie, and they’re sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
-1 cup all-purpose flour
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
-1/2 cup white granulated sugar
-1/2 cup light brown sugar
-1 egg yolk
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 cup chocolate chips
-1/2 cup cocoa powder
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract.
5. Gradually add in the dry ingredients until just combined.
6. Mix in the chocolate chips.
7. In a separate bowl, mix together the cocoa powder and 1/4 cup of boiling water until it forms a paste.
8. Add cocoa paste to the brownie batter and stir until well combined.
9. Using a tablespoon or cookie scoop, drop spoonfuls of dough onto a baking sheet about 2 inches apart from each other.
10. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until the edges of the cookies begin to brown.
11. Once the cookies are done remove them from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes.
12. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
-Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl
-Cream together butter and sugars in a separate bowl
-Beat in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract
-Gradually add in the dry ingredients until just combined
-Mix in chocolate chips
-Mix together cocoa powder and boiling water in a separate bowl
-Stir cocoa paste into brownie batter until well combined
-Drop spoonfuls of dough onto a baking sheet
-Bake for 16-18 minutes at 350°F
-Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes
-Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely