Beef stew is a classic, hearty meal that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. If you’re looking to make a beef stew that even grandma will love, then this recipe is perfect for you. It’s incredibly easy to make, full of flavor, and will warm you up during those cold winter days.
1.5 lbs beef stew meat
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups beef broth
1 can diced tomatoes
4 carrots, peeled and chopped
4 potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon dried rosemary
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pot.
2. Add the stew meat to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned on all sides.
3. Add the onions and garlic to the pot and cook until the onions are translucent.
4. Add the beef broth and diced tomatoes to the pot, and scrape the bottom of the pot to loosen any browned bits.
5. Add the carrots, potatoes, thyme, and rosemary to the pot, and stir to combine.
6. Bring the stew to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1-2 hours, or until the vegetables are tender and the beef is cooked through.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve hot.
– Preheat a large pot or Dutch oven, add vegetable oil
– Brown stew meat, add onion and garlic until translucent
– Add beef broth, diced tomatoes, scrape bits from bottom of the pot
– Add carrots, potatoes, thyme, and rosemary
– Simmer for 1-2 hours until vegetables are tender and beef is cooked
– Season with salt and pepper
– Serve hot and enjoy a classic, hearty beef stew