If you’re looking for a hearty and comforting meal to warm you up during the cold months, look no further than this delicious and easy homemade beef stew recipe! This recipe is perfect for beginner cooks and seasoned chefs alike, and can be made with just a few simple ingredients. Here’s how to make the best beef stew you’ve ever had:
-1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat
-1 tablespoon vegetable oil
-1 onion, chopped
-3 cloves garlic, minced
-4 cups beef broth
-2 cups chopped carrots
-2 cups chopped potatoes
-1 teaspoon dried thyme
-1 teaspoon dried rosemary
-2 bay leaves
-1 cup frozen peas
-Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the beef stew meat and cook until browned on all sides.
3. Add the chopped onion and garlic to the pot and cook until the onion is translucent.
4. Pour in the beef broth and bring the mixture to a boil.
5. Add the chopped carrots, potatoes, dried thyme, dried rosemary, and bay leaves.
6. Reduce the heat to low and simmer the stew for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the meat is cooked through.
7. Add the frozen peas to the stew during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
8. Season the stew with salt and pepper, to taste.
9. Remove the bay leaves before serving.
-Heat the vegetable oil and cook the beef stew meat until browned
-Add onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent
-Pour the beef broth and bring the mixture to a boil
-Add the chopped carrots, potatoes, dried thyme, dried rosemary, and bay leaves
-Simmer the stew for about 1 hour
-Add the frozen peas to the stew during the last 10 minutes of cooking
-Season with salt and pepper, to taste