Potato chips are a universally loved snack that can be enjoyed in various ways. One creative way to incorporate this popular snack into a meal is by making a potato chip casserole. This recipe is perfect for those who want to add a little crunch to their meals or want to try something new and exciting.
– 1 bag of potato chips (regular or flavored)
– 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
– 1 chopped onion
– 2 cloves of minced garlic
– 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon ground mustard
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 2 cups of milk
– 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Crush the potato chips into small pieces, but not too fine.
3. In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
4. Add chopped onions and garlic and cook until soft, for about 5 minutes.
5. Add flour, ground mustard, and paprika and stir until well combined.
6. Gradually pour in the milk while stirring constantly.
7. Add the cheese and stir until melted and creamy.
8. Add the salt and black pepper to taste.
9. Add half of the crushed potato chips into the skillet and stir to combine.
10. Pour the mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
11. Top with the remaining crushed potato chips.
12. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and bubbly.
13. Let the casserole cool for a few minutes before serving.
– Potato chip casserole is a delicious way to add crunch to your meals.
– This recipe requires simple ingredients such as chips, butter, onions, garlic, flour, milk, cheese, and spices.
– Crush the potato chips, sauté the onions and garlic, add flour and spices, pour in the milk, and stir in cheese.
– Mix in half of the crushed potato chips and pour it into a baking dish.
– Top with the remaining potato chips and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until golden brown and bubbly.