Healthy Single Serve Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Desserts don’t have to be unhealthy or high in calories all the time. If you’re a chocolate lover, this healthy single serve chocolate chip cookie is what you need to satisfy your sweet cravings. Here’s how to make it!
– 1/4 cup oat flour
– 1/4 tsp baking powder
– Pinch of salt
– 1 tbsp coconut sugar
– 1 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
– 1 tbsp almond milk
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine oat flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Add coconut sugar, unsweetened applesauce, almond milk, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Mix well until the dough comes together.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Form the dough into a ball and flatten it down onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookie is golden brown.
7. Let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Enjoy your healthy single serve chocolate chip cookie with a cold glass of almond milk, or even with a scoop of your favorite ice cream!
Why This Recipe Works
– Oat flour is a great alternative to regular flour. It’s gluten-free, high in fiber and protein, and has a low-glycemic index, making it a healthier option for desserts.
– Coconut sugar is a natural sweetener that doesn’t spike your blood sugar levels as much as regular sugar. It also adds a subtle nutty flavor to the cookie.
– Unsweetened applesauce works as a binder in this recipe, replacing the need for eggs or butter. It reduces the fat content and makes the cookie moist and chewy.
– Almond milk is a dairy-free option that adds a creamy texture to the dough. You can use any other plant-based milk that you prefer.
– Dark chocolate chips are high in antioxidants and have less sugar than milk chocolate. They also enhance the chocolate flavor without overpowering the cookie.
– If you don’t have oat flour, you can make your own by grinding rolled oats in a blender or food processor until they become fine.
– You can substitute coconut sugar with stevia, maple syrup, or honey. Adjust the sweetness level to your liking.
– Use a small baking sheet or ramekin to ensure that the cookie is the right size for a single serving.
– You can double the recipe if you want to make more than one cookie.
– You can add other toppings to the cookie, such as chopped nuts or shredded coconut.
This healthy single serve chocolate chip cookie is a guilt-free indulgence that you can make anytime you crave something sweet. It’s easy to make, requires only a few ingredients, and is a great option for those who follow a plant-based or gluten-free diet. Try it out and let us know how you like it!
– Preheat your oven to 350°F.
– Mix oat flour, baking powder, salt, coconut sugar, unsweetened applesauce, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
– Fold in the dark chocolate chips.
– Form the dough into a ball and flatten it.
– Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
– Let it cool before slicing and serving.